Pastor Jon has released a letter to the congregation regarding the Coronavirus and how it is affecting our church activities. Please read his letter here:
Dear Members and Friends of Our Savior’s,
As a leadership team, our number one priority is your health and safety as we navigate the Corona virus pandemic. We have taken some steps at church to keep people safe and to give you some options for worship. Our Property Manager, Chris Swender, has been doing an excellent job of keeping our building clean: wiping down all surfaces, handles, buttons, knobs, etc. Here are some changes we will put in place starting this weekend:
1. We are cancelling the remainder of our mid-week soup suppers and the Palm Sunday breakfast in addition to not serving donut holes on Sundays.
2. We will still worship on the weekends at regular times and have communion. But please wash your hands with hand sanitizer on the way up to communion. All communion servers will thoroughly wash hands before coming up to serve.
3. We will still have mid-week Lenten Worship at 6:30PM on Wednesdays.
4. We will not pass the offering plates during worship. A place to give your offering will be available at the back of the church as you walk in or walk out.
5. We will not be sharing the peace in the traditional way by shaking hands. You can nod, bow, smile, bump elbows, or give the peace sign. Pastor Jon will not shake hands on the way out of church.
6. If you or anyone in your household is sick please stay home. Take time to heal. Please contact the church office with prayer requests.
7. We will suspend our children’s Sunday School until further notice. Pastor Jon will continue to teach adult classes in the library at 9:15 AM on Sundays.
8. If you use the nursery/play area, please wipe down toys your child uses with disinfectant wipes when you are finished. We will be purchasing a toy steamer for this room. Thank you for your cooperation.
9. We just purchased the copyright licensing necessary to live stream our worship services on the internet. We will live stream the 8:00 AM Worship service in its entirety this week as a trial run. Click on this Youtube Channel link for Our Savior’s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcQQZHz-YjkOhqv6IVtCR7g
10. Giving – If you do stay home, you are more than welcome to drop your offering off at church any time or consider giving online through our website at https://our-saviors.org/ (click on the ‘Give Now’ button at the top, and then click ‘Online’) or the Our Savior’s Neenah app. We rely on your giving and generosity to fulfill our mission, pay our staff, and keep the lights on. Thank you for your flexibility!
11. Finally, thank you for your patience and understanding. Please reach out to us if you have any other suggestions or comments on how to navigate these uncharted waters.
12. Just because – 12 is a good Biblical number.
Pastor Jon Strasman
Our Savior’s Lutheran Church Executive Council
(Sue Schultz, Joan Terry, Andrew Schaller, Ben Lochner and Graham Bradley)
Bishop Mansholt has released a Pastoral Letter regarding the COVID-19 Virus. Read it here: